I have over a decade of experience delivering multi-tier applications. My expertise is with Java and other server-side technology, but over the years I’ve worked with numerous languages and frameworks. Currently seeking remote full-time and/or contract work – I can be reached at email@example.com</a> or through my profiles at LinkedIn or Github (see below).
I like to:
- Participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle because every part is important, interesting, and necessary.
- Release projects to Production frequently.
- Work with people who are results-focused, but also take time to help each other.
- Create my own software libraries to understand how things really work.
Most of my side-projects are open source and available from my Github Profile. Some of the more interesting ones are:
- jcrawl, a java-based web crawler that supports threads and rate-limiting.
- NetpbmTools, an F#-based tool for doing simple manipulations to images.
- NeuroEvolution, a java-based neural network that can evolve.
I enjoy writing about interesting things I’ve recently read or learned. (They’re also handy references for me to go back to.) Since I’m not on social media these days I’ve collected some of them here:
“Working with Greg on the same team, I found his technical command impressive and the quality of his work always top-notch. He was a good team player who nevertheless could be counted on to come forward with great ideas if need be.”
“Greg is a consistent and reliable performer who has no trouble designing and building components that fit into the product architecture. He readily accepted assignments to explore new technologies, techniques, and tools. He fit well with the team in our traditional and SCRUM development processes.”